BowFishing Country banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I've been running some show me housings for a while. Built a new deck and I want to clean my wiring up some. I've been coming off the housing with a 110 plug and then plugging into my cord from my ballast box. How are y'all going straight into the socket with no plug? Mine have these little threaded crimp on connectors for the wires in the socket.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts

here is my deck build and then the wiring i did for mine.
i have the same sockets and what i did was the wire I ran from ballast to socket was put an ring eyelet on the end of the wire and then attach it to the same screw. I tried to find those connectors to wire them up but couldn't. the best tip i can tell you is to cut the wire of that terminal and leave it attached so the screw stays in place. then just get a nut and attach it to the remaining thread to hold the new wire on to the terminal screw. I dont have any pictures of it but i have extra sockets i can recreate if need to

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

here is my deck build and then the wiring i did for mine.
i have the same sockets and what i did was the wire I ran from ballast to socket was put an ring eyelet on the end of the wire and then attach it to the same screw. I tried to find those connectors to wire them up but couldn't. the best tip i can tell you is to cut the wire of that terminal and leave it attached so the screw stays in place. then just get a nut and attach it to the remaining thread to hold the new wire on to the terminal screw. I dont have any pictures of it but i have extra sockets i can recreate if need to
Gotcha thanks for the info! I'll give that a shot and see how it works out for me. If all else fails I'll just splice into the pigtails and shrink wrap it all up good.
Looks like Barid does good work. Met him a couple of times at the CBC tournaments, been probably two years since I shot one tho.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Yep Barid is my dude ..... and he’s kinda cool too lol!!! Hey does that mean your in NC?

ps just let me know if you need a picture of my sockets

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yessir just outside of Burlington.

Will do! I'm gonna tinker with them a bit this week and see what I can come up with.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
My mom is in Burlington and I’m in Pittsboro. What water are you gonna shoot? I’m like 15 min from Jordan and kayak is in gboro so either one of us would be glad to help if needed or you can always fish with me sometime I’m normally riden solo. I went ahead and took the socket photos. Obviously if you take the wire off you can cut it closer but i did this fast

then you put what ever wire your gonna connect in and eyelet and put it on the same screw

then just a nut on top and that’s it. I also added a ground to the mounting screw but that’s purely optional

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I actually bent the eyelet to match the shape of the original connector

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pictures man! I'm actually in Graham, just gotten used to telling most people Burlington lol.

I usually shoot Jordan, Harris or make a trip up to Buggs. Wanting to try some new waters this year tho.

I'd be down to get up and shoot sometime I'm usually rolling solo myself to these days.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
yeah I normally tell people chapel Hill, my mom is in graham too off rodgers rd lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts