Shad, American Gizzard - 4lbs. 11.6oz.
Sucker, Spotted - 4lbs. 8.6oz.
Sucker, White - 4lbs. 10.7oz.

Sources: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/recordfish/alternate.html

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've been meaning to look into this. I've had it happen with a few other DNR and Game and Fish sites since I did these records. Once upon a time it had a notation at the bottom of the list that bowfishing records were indicated by "**" now it just says "alternate methods." I don't personally know what's legal to shoot in WI and what's not. So I can't say what's a bowfishing record and what's not a bowfishing record.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wish I would have taken my 12# dog to the Dnr a lil over a yr ago. Had like 3 or 4 that beat that record on the boat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Correct, it is illegal to bowfish bluegill and whitebass. They are on there under alternate methods for underwater spearfishing. In WI you can take panfish and rough fish while underwater spearfishing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I heard the Bigmouth Buffalo record got taken down a few weeks ago on Castle Rock. 78 pounder! Have not read anything to confirm. Anyone else know or have more details?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
87....magnum!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
He wasn't a member of WBA or the BAA from what I gathered. I believe that it was made official, been in the paper around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts