BowFishing Country banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I got my girlfriend into bowfishing this past summer and it was awesome. She loved it and is even telling me she is looking forward to going out next year. She used her mission hunting bow this last summer and I wanted to get her a bow for next year that she doesn't have to worry about getting beat up. I want to know what you guys would suggest for a women's bowfishing bow. We live in ny so sadly we can only shoot carp but I have quite the rig for going out at night. From what I have found online in my price range I am between a similar mission bow that's used, an ams fish hawk and a pse wave. I'm open to other suggestions but am unsure if getting her a bow with no let off is a good idea because she's not the strongest. Thank you guys for the advice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife recently got into bow fishing with me as well. She couldn't comfortably draw my PSE so I got her a 30# recurve and decked it out with pink everything lol. She shoots it extremely well and she likes the smooth consistent draw. It's an Explorer 2.0, and all set up/out the door it was 250 or so ready to fish.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I got my wife a pse discovery 2 29# draw weight. I got it backed off to bout 24# or so and she pulls it back and shoots it good. They're only bout $200 new

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mission menace can't beat them and u can find them on Craigslist cheap

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife shoots the Discovery 2 29lbs. and loves it. She is small but she actually likes the bows with no let off. She found that it was a lot easier on her shoulder to let the bow back down if a shot was not taking than with a bow with let off.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My wife shoots a mako. She loves it. She's 5.4 and it's set at 45lbs. Her is strong! Lol!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have 3 PSE D 2's and my wife and 3 daughters love them I just upgraded my wife to a PSE Mud Dawg and honestly I think she likes the D2 better LOL get the 29 lb and you can back it down to just under 20lbs

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My wife shoots a craze as well... they are so adjustable I use it as a backup when she isnt around

·
Registered
746 Posts
My wife did shoot a Micro Midas III , but has since moved up to an Osprey. She loves it!

·
Registered
968 Posts
My wife shoots a Mission Menace but she likes my Cajun suckerpunch much better than her bow. In fact everyone that has ever been on my boat likes the suckerpunch better than the menace. I have had alot of timing issues from the menace and it has through the string off the cams about 10 times. I highly recommend the suckerpunch.

·
Registered
339 Posts
My girlfriend has been shooting her mission menace, and friends of mine who do not have a bow (like to stick them with the pink bow lol) for the last 4+ years now. Its been a really good bow with no issues. I set up one of my ospreys for her and she didn't like it because it was longer (tip to tip) and it did not have as much let off as the menace, which could have been changed. She prefers her menace (cheaper for me ha). I think she is crazy for skipping the chance for a free osprey over her menace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts