BowFishing Country banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of now the BAA World Championship is on the 4th Weekend of July every year. This was set due to all the other tournaments that are set from year to year like Muzzy, Youth Worlds, Backwater was having one, Cajun, Anahuac, etc.....One thing to remember with this is that July has been basically left alone for the Worlds since it has been hosted more often within that timeframe.....for the most part....it has moved from yr to yr, but usually not by much....These things have been discussed in other spring meetings, and the these two things are the basics to keep in mind.......
1. already established tournaments and their dates
2. July is usually the Month that gives people time to re-coup from other larger tournaments.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i wish it could be the third or fourth week of July because our president may not be able to go if its on a week he has to work and i feel he should be there. When you work the medical field its alot different than other jobs sometimes you just can't take off. He got that president job for life we need to make it easier on him. Go Mark!!!!!!!! For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
speaking of life, forgot to start a topic of officer position (president) available every spring meeting......just call me and I will campaign for ya!

·
Administrator
3,634 Posts
I like it flexible. At least where it's one week or the other. Like said it would be nice to have the prez there also. I like knowing its one of those weekends though. Already have vacation set.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Flexible. A lot of families have July 4th traditions that are a pain in the butt to overcome. Yes, its a personal problem, but I would rather spend the 4th on a sandbar on the MS River with my wife and kids than a bunch of hardlegs in a fish camp with with an alligator in the washing machine (unless Cheryl is cooking breakfast!).

·
Registered
580 Posts
we need to keep it the 3rd or 4th weekend every year in july.who ever puts a bid inn needs to understand that,that is gonna be the time frame for the hosting tournament.now we no that that date may not be the best bowfishing time,but its all the same playing field for everyone involved.my vote will be to keep it the same...

·
Administrator
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dan p.
its the 4th weekend of july, not the 4th of july......

One thing I think that many who have not attended a spring meeting in the last few years may not understand is that since it is the 4th weekend, there will be years where I will not be off.....I work 7 on, and 7 off....sat and sun being the only tech in house and on call till monday morning. In order for me to take off, one of the other tech's have to take a day off during the week before sat, and one after sunday since we are not allowed overtime,and I only take 1 weekend off a year to do my part...usually around christmas when I have my son for the holidays..... therefore it is almost impossible for me to take off on the weekends....that is where the 3rd or 4th weekend is coming in.......when brought up and voted on, it was said that there are other officers who can run the worlds when I cannot, and this is true, and that is how this worlds will be which saves me ALOT of money this year, and phone calls, and problems....(have fun alan and Lisa!!!)......so that is the reasoning of either the 3rd or 4th weekend is being brought up by people on this thread....(just laying the background since we are not all together in a room and having explanations as to things being said and why)
did I mention that although we have officer elections every 2 years, and this is the second year for the officers, I do know that if anyone is interested in the positions, (especially prez) can make it known....there is a campaign person for the person running for prez.....just call me, I will make it happen for ya!!!! LOL!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts