BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email that my password was changed by an administrator. Came on had to enter the new password. Went in to change it back to the same password I use for all my Internet forms to find out passwords need to contain 10 characters and include uppercase lower case a number and a symbol? Wtf I don't use such a complicated password for my online banking! It's a Internet public forum not hillary Clinton's email account with classified emails.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes Sir. LOL Like the classified Email LOL

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
:D

Here work:

You will be required to change your temporary password on your first logon. The new password criteria is listed below:

Passwords must be at least 8 characters in total length

You are not allow to use your previous six passwords and password will be changed every 45 days

Password must contain 3 of one the 4 following requirements

• An uppercase letter (A – Z)

• A lower case letter (a – z)

• A number (0 – 9)

• A special character (! @ # $ ..etc.)

And get use to this every one will be go with stronger passwords.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Password Strength is more intense than my Bank... really, for a forum with no monetary transactions? :headbang:

And underscore _ is not recognized as a "Symbol".

Done whining. Carry on.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep I'm gonna get frustrated changing passwords every 45 days. Guessing my days on bfc are coming to an end very shortly

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Yall need to read LOL :headbang::laugh::cen:

:D

Here work:

You will be required to change your temporary password on your first logon. The new password criteria is listed below:

Passwords must be at least 8 characters in total length

You are not allow to use your previous six passwords and password will be changed every 45 days

Password must contain 3 of one the 4 following requirements

• An uppercase letter (A – Z)

• A lower case letter (a – z)

• A number (0 – 9)

• A special character (! @ # $ ..etc.)

And get use to this every one will be go with stronger passwords.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yep I'm gonna get frustrated changing passwords every 45 days. Guessing my days on bfc are coming to an end very shortly
Exactly. If I have to change this password every month and a half I am out. I would rather someone hack my profile than deal with that. What is the big deal if a BFC profile gets hacked anyway? Has that even ever happened??

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't mind the one time necessity. The every 45 day thing probably ain't gonna fly with a lot of people.

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
LAST TIME MY JOB DOES 45 DAYS
For Yall it once a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cen::cen::headbang::cen:

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

1 - 20 of 84 Posts