BowFishing Country banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Yamaha 2000 inverter and I am wondering if I can run my 6 150w hps with lights along with a converter for 12v troller. Also wondering what converter I need if I can.

·
Registered
771 Posts
150 X 6= 900 WATTS what kinda thrust is your trolling motor? mine is 55lbs so its pulls about 50 amps which is 917 watts based on powermax website (https://powermaxconverters.com/bowfishing-gear/). 900 + 917 = 1817 watts
so NO if you cont running watts is 1600

powermax also rec 20% more amp then what is being used so if it pulls 50 amp so anything at or around 65 amp should be good. note i know a ton of people who use 55 amp converter to run troller but if you run wide open 24/7 then it might not be able to keep up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m running a 45lb thrust and usually run it mid speed most of the time. Was figuring it wouldn’t be big enough but I don’t know enough to confirm.

·
Registered
771 Posts
per powermax (link i posted) 45lbs 12v pulls about 42 amps at wot a 45 amp converter is 705 watts 900+705=1605. now that WOULD probably work as long as you dont run wot but it will be at the limit of that genny if you did the 20% more it would bump you up to the 55 amp converter but these converters only pull what is requested so I only assume that it would still pull the same as 45 as long it wasn't requested to pull more

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I might be better off using my champion 2000 to run a converter if I plan on being out all night. No sense on pushing the geny too hard. So far I can make it through my usual shoots on a full charge. Or I can add a back up battery. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
771 Posts
you can also hook the 2 together and get 3200 continuous

1 - 6 of 6 Posts