BowFishing Country banner

Yearly Reminder "Like is Too Short" Outlook on Life Changed in 3 Seconds

396 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  wirenut 
#1 ·
On Saturday night, June 25, 2011 My outlook on life change in less than 3 seconds!

My 14 year old son and I were invited to go bowfishing with a Friend and his 9 year old son on the Red River. We started at around 9 pm, at around 11 pm, we decited to leave the bank we were on and head across open water and hunt back tworad Biships where we had launched, as we started across the boat took a Nose Dive and Sank in twenty feet of water. We had less than 3 seconds.

The 9 year old was the only one wearing a life jacket, as the boat started down we tryed to grab kids to get them away from the boat. We were very lucky the bucket that we were using to put our fish in floated up, Ice Chest, Gas Can, 2 Life Jackets, and a Throw Cushion came out of the boat and up for us to use. We had to swim for over an hour to get to the road on the Bossier side of Lock #5. Everyone is alright, but I will never forget the fear of loosing someone, we did a lot of things right to still be here. There are alot of things I will do diffrent the next time. My phone went dead as soon as I hit the water, we had no light, horn, no way to signal anyone it all went down with boat. I am lucky to be here and I just wanted to remind everyone that I can to not get to comfortable, and always be prepaired for the worst. I would like to thank my Friend again for being there and helping me and My Family get out of River. There are alot of thing to think about when you are swimming, I have a good Wife and two other Children, and I am Thankful.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.