BowFishing Country banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that time you said to yourself, "I will never leave fish in my barrel again"

Happens every season, home late, work the next day, busy that night and then the second or third day... you see the flies and think, oh crap, forgot to dump the fish.

Of course your trusty partner is never there to help you lift the barrel out of the boat and it is to heavy to do it yourself. So now you have to reach into the goo of maggots, stink and yuk to gaff the fish out one at a time while fighting off gag reflexes because it is unreal smell and you are just stirring it up even worse.

Then to top it all off, you pull the barrel out of the hole in the deck to find it had a leak and now the stinking blood is in the hull of the boat... seriously?

Happens to me at least once a year to remind me why no matter what time it is... dump the freaking fish!!!!

Bet this never happens to anyone else huh???? ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm up to two times just this year!:headbang:

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
Gotta love it. Wait till your so called good buddy hides a 25 lb carp in the storage up front and you don't realize it for a week. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
nope never dealing with that, always dump that night and 90% of the time the boat hits the car wash before I head to bed...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
968 Posts
In my old boat it was a ranger tri-hull with a livewell on the side. I left a few fish in that livewell overnight and I couldnt get within 5 feet of it without gagging. My friend who works for the County sewer department had to get them out! haha.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
More than 12 hours, and I go for the cab tractor and grapple bucket. The barrel in question goes to the back forty and is not returned to service for at least 6 months.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Son went to school with some gar in the back of the truck, was told had buzzards sitting on cars in school parking lot...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Threw a couple gar out behind boat shed down side of the hill couple days later wife said why those buzzards in the trees out back uuh think dogs killed a possum!!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dump about 200 yards from the house in the pasture... sometimes the smell is a little heavy. Cool though to set a game camera up on a fence I post a stuck in the ground next to the pile to see what all comes in. Raccoons, Fox, Coyotes, crows and buzzards. Strange, I have possums and never saw a possum, maybe they are more picky than we thought.

Also cool is to see a gar laying there with the belly perfectly zipped open from tail to gills by a buzzard and nothing left but skin.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hasn't been but a couple of months since my brother and nephew were going to keep the dozen & a half catfish we jugged up at the Rez only to figure out a week later that they left out the next morning without getting the fish out of the cooler.

It weren't good!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Never forgot to get fish out but have had a stowaway or two that jumped in and just down behind the gas tank or other hidden areas, Not pretty when you find them a few days later after being shut up in the shop in the middle of the summer.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Had shot a bunch of carp with our old carpeted BassTracker nite before my sons graduation party the next day, we had fish barrel and boat in yard and threw fish in woods couple hundred yds from the house that nite when got home, woke up in mornig and wife went out back deck, when came back in went ballistic, whole house and shed outside looked like black shag carpet with millions of flies stuck or sitting on the house/shed and almost everything in the yard....party was to start in mid afternoon....had to pump sprayer and simple green everything but was overrun with flies that day...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Always seems like I have to work early the next day after a really good night of fishing. I dump the barrel at my parents house out in the woods, so it stays in my truck all day baking in the sun in a black top parking lot. One guy that parks near me always tells me thanks for making his lunch break sitting in his car more enjoyable. One really hot day the other week he came in *****ing the smell came in through the a.c., his wife is still complaining the car stinks lol.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts