BowFishing Country banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering what is your best time of year to shoot? Numbers and Size?
Please include the state that you fish, the month(s), what type(s) of fish and numbers a person could expect on an average night. (Remember if you say "Spring", your spring in FL is much different months from our spring in MN)
Just wondering in case I decide to go on year long vacation! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
October-March. Tn. 40-60 pound buffs.

·
Registered
984 Posts
great Question cant wait to see NC responses, i have been told early like March, April, May for commons

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
MD / DE - stingrays- starts in mid May thru end of July is best time...really starts dropping off going into August

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Right now is really a great time in pa all the way up to freeze up... I'm just usually in the deer grind so I don't go as much as I'd like.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Alabama. Now till about April. Can expect 10-15 pounds Commons and 30-40 pound buffs. April till now is usually so hot all you see is gar.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Usually during May on Saginaw bay the carp get so thick during the spawn in the marsh you can walk on them it's amazing to look down about a 10 by 30 yard open area in the the marsh in a foot of water and see almost solid fish in the whole area

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
What's it going to take to get the TN legend to come shoot a few non existent Dale Hollow bigguns with us?
I hate fishing that lake lol. So many much better lakes in TN. But that's where my family lives. So I'm always down for a trip.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oregon/Washington February-April for the big girls
May-September for numbers average about 50 a night in a couple hours

All commons

·
Registered
357 Posts
Central Wi this year's average. March was 3 trips 11 fish average. April 4 trips 70 average. May 6 trips 87 average. July 2 trips 6 average. September 2 trips 12 average. October 4 trips 30 average. I lost a page with maybe 4 more trips in May. Around 60 a night average. Fish average 8lbs for commons 15lbs for buffs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts