BowFishing Country banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this at the other sight, but ill add it again to get the kids section pumped up a little bit. Took Zach out (my 7 year old cousin) with his grandpa last summer. Kinda rigged a bow up that he could shoot too with a hand wind spool (pretty much a cheap little kids bow) so he could fit in and shoot at some fish. He was pretty stoked, then christmas I gave him issue 7 of the bowfiher and they published his picture that I sent in into the kids section. Talk about excited! He cant wait to go again! :hb:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Good deal Now u got to tell him to save up and by the time hes 16 or so he can have a boat

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah he had a great time, but I think I had a little bit better time. I wish I had the pictures of him on christmas where I gave him the magazine he was in! His dad told me its already all tore up from him bringing it to school showing everyone. Me and my friend David shot maybe 2 or 3 fish that night and zach shot at about 60. He hit 4 or 5 of them but no penetration. My goal this year is to get a discovery or something where I can knock the lbs off on the draw. He couldnt pull back my cuda. The bow we "rigged" for him worked just getting him out there but need something where he can penetrate. Need to make a little $$$ so I can buy a kids bow to keep on the boat for times like this! Too bad cash is a little short right now, everything I have extra is going tward the boat lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah he had a great time, but I think I had a little bit better time. I wish I had the pictures of him on christmas where I gave him the magazine he was in! His dad told me its already all tore up from him bringing it to school showing everyone. Me and my friend David shot maybe 2 or 3 fish that night and zach shot at about 60. He hit 4 or 5 of them but no penetration. My goal this year is to get a discovery or something where I can knock the lbs off on the draw. He couldnt pull back my cuda. The bow we "rigged" for him worked just getting him out there but need something where he can penetrate. Need to make a little $$$ so I can buy a kids bow to keep on the boat for times like this! Too bad cash is a little short right now, everything I have extra is going tward the boat lol.
mission craze 19 - 30 inch 15-70 lbs man they are arewsome just bought my 8 year old one at 19 inches it goes from 15-46 lbs awesome starter bow they run 260 bare bow i think

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Way to go Zach,good job!!!Its great when kids get out there and try it,they well be hook to!!!!!:tu:

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mission craze 19 - 30 inch 15-70 lbs man they are arewsome just bought my 8 year old one at 19 inches it goes from 15-46 lbs awesome starter bow they run 260 bare bow i think
Thanks! Ill look into it
Way to go Zach,good job!!!Its great when kids get out there and try it,they well be hook to!!!!!:tu:
Thanks! Yeah he actually called me like 4 or 5 times in the past month saying its warm and I need to finnish my boat now haha

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my daughter has been after me to take her, so friday night she goes. hope she likes it.
From the pictures I saw she loved it lol! Bet she is after ya again!!!

Good deal bro!
He has been calling me non stop asking if my boat is ready. I called him today and told him it was and he litterly said " ok what time are you picking me up" haha I about spit out my drink!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts